High Performance Computing (HPC) in Life Science
Geneva, 19 April 2011
Several scientific applications require computing and/or storage resources that go beyond the processing power of a single multi-core machine. High performance computing (HPC) clusters provide the necessary hardware and software infrastructure to efficiently run computing and data intensive applications. The course provides detailed information on how to efficiently use Vital-IT's compute and storage infrastructure for life science applications.
• Obtain basic knowledge on high throughput and high performance computing
• Learn how to use Vital-IT's infrastructure for scientific applications (including hands-on exercises)
• Tips and tricks for effective and efficient cluster usage (incl. compute and storage usage guidelines)
• Discuss particular computing needs and requirements of course participants
• Basic understanding of working with command line tools on Linux or Windows-based operating systems
• Scripting language such as bash or Perl is an asset
Registration is closed.