Lausanne, 10 December 2010
[Second session of the Unix Basics workshop given in November 2010 due to the high number of participants]
This workshop aims to introduce participants to the main concepts of the Unix Operating System as well as to provide the basic skills needed to work in a Unix environment.
- Customize your own login environment
- Create, copy, rename, move and delete files and directories
- Set and change access permissions on files and directories
- Use basic file and text searching utilities
- Use the shell's redirection and pipe facilities
Audience and requirements:
The target audience is the biomedical research community with no particular UNIX or programming knowledge.
Please note that this workshop is recommended to anyone who is interested in participating in the upcoming "Perl Programming for Life Sciences - 2011" workshop.
Registration is closed