First Steps with Git for Reproducible Research
Lausanne, 27 February 2020
University of Lausanne, Amphipole building, classroom 319
This page is addressed to registered participants. To access course description and application form, please click here.
For any assistance, please contact email@example.com.
Course start: 9h00
Course end: 17h00
Lunch break: 12h30 - 13h30
- Introduction to Version Control Systems.
- git basics: your first commit.
- The git index: a preview of your next commit
- A look under git's hood: blobs, trees and commits.
- The git stash.
- git branches: the killer feature.
- Working with remotes: share your work and collaborate.
- Retrieving data from the database: git checkout.
- Rewriting history: interactive rebase, reset and amend.
- Tags: label important commits.
- An overview of GitHub.