NGS - Genome Variant Analysis
29 - 30 April 2019
room 331 / 3. OG West, Universität Bern, Hochschulstrasse 4 (main building of the University of Bern).
This page is addressed to registered participants. To access course description and application form, please click here.
This course will be taught by Walid Gharib, for any assistance, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Day 1 - 9h15 to 17h
- Introduction to Variant discovery
- Fetching sequencing data using Eutilities and SRA tools
- Indexing references & mapping/sorting/indexing alignment
- Differences in workflows between DNA-seq (WGS, WES) and RNA-seq
- Marking duplicates
- Realignment around SNPs and indels
Day 2 - 9h15 to 17h
- Base quality score recalibration
- Calling the variants (single and multiple samples)
- Joint genotyping
- Variant filtering
- Variant annotation
- Installing used software for a local use
- Optional exam