Transcriptomics Analysis: RNA-seq
Lausanne, 20-21 October 2015
This course will present all the bioinformatics tools required to analyze RNA-seq gene expression data, from the raw data to the biological interpretation.
|Trainer:||Paolo Angelino, SIB / BCF group|
|Keywords:||RNA, RNA-seq, trancriptome, transcriptomics|
|Venue:||Classroom 2020, Genopode Building, University of Lausanne (Metro M1 line, Sorge station)|
|ECTS:||0.5 (given a passed exam at the end of the course)|
|Fee:||100 CHF for academics. Others, please contact us|
|Cancellation deadline:||13 October 2015|
At the end of the course, the participants will be able to:
know and understand the essential steps of a Gene Expression analysis by RNAseq, from raw data to a gene expression matrix
run a simple RNA seq pipeline
perform a Differential Expression analysis based on R/Bioconductor packages
- The Structure of an RNAseq analysis pipeline:
- Raw data quality check
- RNAseq reads alignment
- Gene Expression level quantification by reads counting
- De novo Transcripts reconstruction and differential splicing
- Overview of downstream analysis
- Differential Expression analysis with R/Bioconductor packages
- Class discovery: Principal Component Analysis, Clustering, Heatmaps, Gene Set Enrichment Analysis
Knowledge / competencies:
- Participants should already have a basic knowledge of Next Generation Sequencing (NGS) techniques; this course will discuss only the data analysis steps and not the data generation.
- A basic knowledge of the R statistical software (http://www.r-project.org/) is also required.
Technical: Participants should bring their laptop with the R and Virtualbox software installed.
The registration fees for academics are 100 CHF. This includes course content material and coffee breaks. Participants from non-academic institutions should contact us before applying.
The course is currently full; another session will take place in the first semester 2016. If you want to be informed when registration opens, make sure you subscribe to our SIB courses mailing-list.
Deadline for application and free-of-charge cancellation is set to October 13. Cancellation after this date will not be reimbursed. Please note that participation to SIB courses is subject to our general conditions, available at http://www.isb-sib.ch/training/training-general-conditions.html.
You will be informed by email of your registration confirmation.
You are welcome to register to the SIB courses mailing-list to be informed of all future courses and workshops, as well as all important deadlines using the form here.
For more information, please contact email@example.com.
Organiser: Frédéric Schütz (Bioinformatics Core Facility)
Coordinator:Training & Outreach Group / Grégoire Rossier