This workshop aims to introduce participants to the main concepts of the Unix Operating System as well as to provide the basic skills needed to work in a Unix environment.
- Customize your own login environment
- Create, copy, rename, move and delete files and directories
- Set and change access permissions on files and directories
- Use basic file and text searching utilities
- Use the shell's redirection and pipe facilities
Audience and requirements:
The target audience is the biomedical research community with no particular UNIX or programming knowledge.